There are some who believe that outsourcing has been a boom to the American consumer as product and service prices have been lowered considerably based on the use of cheaper foreign labor. Others believe that it has devastated the American worker as jobs have been outsourced to foreign countries whose wages, again, and much cheaper. At the center of this circumstance is the human resource professional, who is charged with assembling and managing a motivated workforce in the most effective and efficient manner. Write a paper that addresses the following:
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
· Discuss the scope and impact of the outsourcing of US jobs to countries who can produce similar goods/services as the US worker but with much lower wages and, therefore, costs.
· Assess the role human resources plays within an organization in determining whether products/services should be produced/manufactured in either the US (domestic country) or a foreign country.
· Finally, assess the role and responsibility that human resources should undertake to provide US workers with a greater sense of security in their employment. In other words, what specific strategies or tactics should a human resource department take to better ensure US employees remain employed within their organization rather than losing their job to lower-paid foreign workers.
Your paper should be:
· 5 pages in length, not including title and reference pages (which are required). Include a formal references page.
· Formatted and cited according to the APA
· Supported by at least three scholarly sources