Discussion: Get to Know an Entrepreneur
66 unread replies.77 replies.
Jim Rohn once said, “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” In consideration of this if you are considering becoming an entrepreneur, you will want to surround yourself with other entrepreneurs and learn from them.
For this assignment you must select one of the two activities (interview or report). The assignment should be at least 5 paragraphs long with at least three sentences per paragraph. Any external resources should be appropriately cited.
- Interview: Interview an entrepreneur you may know and provide a written summary of the interview. If you are conducting an interview, along with the summary provide the questions you asked (you must ask at least 5 questions). You may find this LiveCareer article on entrepreneur informational interviews (Links to an external site.). Also, identify the entrepreneur’s name, the name of their primary business(es) and industry. Embed a picture of the entrepreneur with your post (if possible).
Questions You Might Ask an Entrepreneur
- How did you get your idea or concept for your business?
- What’s your company’s goals?
- What’s unique about your business?
- How do you advertise your business/product/services?
- To what do you attribute your success?
- What are your responsibilities as a business owner?
- What drives you to keep going when it gets really tough?
- What do you look for in an employee?
- What’s your advice to someone just starting out?
- Report: Provide a short report of a successful entrepreneur (ie Bill Gates, J. K. Rowling, Gloria Estefan, LeBron James, Oprah Winfrey, Jack Ma, Betro Perez etc.). If you are providing the short report of a successful entrepreneur, try not to duplicate reports from other students who have already posted. Give us a glimpse of their journey to success and identify what are the key traits that you feel contributed to their success. Identify situations where they have failed and their response to those failures. Also, review the questions from the interview option of those assignment as they might be good questions to answer within your report. Refrain from just summarizing one article. The reader should get a sense of where the entrepreneur came from and how they got to where they are now. Therefore, if using this option you must include at least three (3) resources. Embed a picture of the entrepreneur with your post.
Refrain from attaching documents to the discussion; your assignment should be typed into the Rich Content Editor/discussion text field. To avoid technical difficulties, prepare your assignment on Notepad or Google Docs so that your work is saved frequently. Once finished, you can copy/paste your writing into the text field of this discussion forum.
Get Assignment Writing Help
Our experts are ready to complete your assignment, course work. essay, test, dissertation, research paper, quiz