INPATIENT, OUTPATIENT, AND ANCILLARY SERVICES
Cultural competency is extremely important in health care, as the consumers we serve come from diverse backgrounds. Inpatient and outpatient services account for the largest sector of health care services; however, cultural competency extends to all health care sectors. It is vital that as a health care professional, we are culturally competent to provide our consumers with high-quality health care.
Test your cultural competency on all three of the test below:
Health Inclusion. (2020). Cultural competence quiz. Retrieved from https://healthinclusion.com/cultural-competence-quiz/
SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University. (2020). Cultural competency in nursing homes: Test your knowledge on cultural competence. Retrieved from https://www.downstate.edu/cultural-competency/test.html
The London School of International Communication. (2020). Part 1 – Cultural knowledge. Retrieved from https://www.londonschool.com/lsic/resources/intercultural-quiz/
Get Assignment Writing Help
Our experts are ready to complete your assignment, course work. essay, test, dissertation, research paper, quiz
Based on your results and research, answer the following questions in a 2- to 3-page paper:
- On a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being needs improvement and 5 being exceeds expectations, rate yourself on the answers to each test, you should have three (3) ratings in total. (Note: Your personal rating does not affect your grade).
- Describe how you would improve upon your rating.
- Explain the importance of cultural competency in the U.S. health care system.
- Rationalize in detail why health care leaders play a vital role in embracing and implementing cultural competency.
In your scholarly paper, you should include an introduction and conclusion paragraph.
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your responses.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 3 pages.
- Support your report with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 3 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals. Angelo State University Library (n.d.) Library guide: How to recognize peer reviewed (refereed journals). Retrieved from: https://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php
- You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment. Purdue Online Writing Lab. (n.d.). General APA guidelines. Retrieved from: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.
- For additional information on reliability of sources review the following source. Georgetown University Library (n.d.) Evaluating internet resources. Retrieved from https://www.library.georgetown.edu/tutorials/research-guides/evaluating-internet-content